What kind of theatre do you enjoy the most???

Monday, March 26, 2018

#CoverPageDone...Hopefully



So I finally got my cover page finished today! It's a little cropped because I couldn't get a screen shot of the whole thing. It only took all but an hour. Why you may ask? That's because I'm still getting used to pages and technology is not my area of expertise! Allow me to expand on that:

The overall making of the cover was fairly simple. Since the trend in theatre magazines is to have the cover page picture focus on your main article (mine being an interview with a choreographer) with no distractions (i.e. extra text, other pictures, etc.) all I had to do was paste my picture and move my title onto it. Simple right? Well, I had some malfunctions with my title.

So my title, as stated in a previous blog posting, consists of two text boxes. One with standard black font color and the other in a red font color and slightly bigger to give it the shadow effect. As a reminder, here is my original intention:

To layer the black on top of the red, I set the red text box to be wrapped "behind text" and the black text box "in front of text". BUT when layered on top of each other, the black text is either fully covering the red text, giving it a very faint shadow:
or an even thicker shadow than intended (as seen above on cover page)

I felt the shadow played a key role in the title because I gives it a bold, dramatic effect on the magazine as a whole when people look at it. I spent approximately 45 minutes watching maybe 3+ videos on Apple Pages tutorials and guides...AGAIN!!! Eventually, I had to compromise and go with the bigger shadow. Hopefully in the future, I'll be able to fix it. My mom was actually a graphic design major in college, but she is currently on a business trip, so maybe she'll be able to help me when she returns. Until then!⏳

No comments:

Post a Comment

#CCR