What kind of theatre do you enjoy the most???

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

#CritiquingChaos!!!

Hello all! Checking back in with an update on my double page spread!

I, again, FaceTimed my friend Hannah to work on our projects together and give each other critiques on each other's work. I also really enjoyed these FaceTime sessions because even though she is not verbally motivating me, I know that if we weren't talking, and things with my project got difficult, I would just huff and puff and just give up. But, because she was just there, I was able to power-through and get things done! With both my double page spread AND my table of contents!!!

This is what I have so far for my spread:
I'm having trouble with the last question in the first column. I HATE how there is only one line of her answer before it continues to the next column, but I don't know how to fix it!!! I've cut out as much unnecessary information as I can (with the help of Hannah), and I feel like I'm not staying true to Idy's responses if I cut any more! By the way: the empty space on the first page is going to be a picture of Idy, which I am taking this Thursday at dance class.

Update: Today my teacher helped me out A LOT with the problems I've been having! She suggested that I add another page to my double page spread to fix the the column trouble I was having and place the final Q/A on another page. But, instead of a Q/A format, I put it as a list, so I can take up more room with less information. Another thing she said was to edit my cover page. She said the picture had "yucky" lighting and felt disconnected because everyone person featured had their back towards the reader. To fix this I have to reshoot this Thursday at dance class, soI'll have an update on that soon. Another thing she said was that my masthead needed to be bigger. So...I made it bigger! But she also told me it seemed to empty and to add a sell line (which is basically the magazine's motto) beneath it. Here's how that turned out:
I chose this motto because I feel it describes what the title implies; moving downstage means closer to the audience and I'm bringing the news theatre to the audience (the front row)! I also added the red shadow effect to each part of the mast head because I felt that it was too boring without it. Plus, that could a recurring motif in the future editions of my magazine! I also chose to take the old cover image (seen above) and use it as a picture for my table of contents!

My teacher also recommended that I should add an advertisement to go next to my table of contents. I thought that I was only supposed to create a single page one, but turns out it is highly recommended to do a two page spread. My plan is to do an ad for dance shoes or for a type of pain medication such as BioFreeze or something. So, yea, I have that to look forward to!

Summary of today: Realized I need to reshoot for my cover page and double page spread, changed the masthead of the cover page and added the red shadow to everything, obtained one picture for the table of contents, realized I need to add another page to my double page spread's article to fit the point that ties the article together, and need to create an advertisement to go next to the table of contents. Overall feeling: Pressured. This project is due in less than two weeks. TWO!!! Not to mention my CCR needs to be done soon! Wish me luck everyone and thanks for sticking with me and this HUGE blog post!!!😰

No comments:

Post a Comment

#CCR