What kind of theatre do you enjoy the most???

Saturday, March 3, 2018

#MyFirstDisappointment

So after choosing my magazine title "Intermission", further research revealed that there is already a theatre magazine named Intermission based in Toronto. I'm VERY upset because I thought my name was so original, creative, and PERFECTLY fit my genre, only to find out someone had already took the idea out of my head before I had even thought of it. Even down to the COLOR SCHEME!!! So now I have to think of a brand new name.

This has shown me that before I pick a title, get too excited, and start thinking of ideas I could use, I have to research more to see if that content is already out there. Research has always been a weak spot of mine. I'm a do-er and when I thinking of something exciting, it's my instinct to just create what's in my head before seeing if it has been done before.
I've started generating a list of possible magazine titles and asked friends for their ideas, thoughts, and comments on a whole she-bang of them. These are a few of the growing list of titles:

Broadway Bing!
Bliss of Broadway
Broadway Bash
Stage Scoop
Theatre Times
Concessions
Understudy
StageLight

I'm asking a variety of friends (especially my drama friends) to give their insight on their favorite titles and I'll check back in soon when I pick a final title by 3/7/18 at the latest. For now my next blog posting will focus on genre conventions, target audience, and the different features I could include in my magazine. Until then! 😋




Citations:
Intermission Magazine. (n.d.). Retrieved March 02, 2018, from https://www.intermissionmagazine.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment

#CCR